Saturday, June 22, 2013

We're Done

1 comment
Today I gave Ayden his last dose of STX209.

I've held my head high though all this.  I've done everything I can, extended every favor I had.  And today, it feels like none of it matters.

We will weather this storm.

We will find something elese that works.

I will continue to fight.

But today, today I cry.  I cry for the hope that we had with this medication.  I cry for the look on Ayden's face as he tells me he doesn't want the new medication.  I cry because I can't explain why so he could understand.  I cry because he deserves more.

I cry because no matter how hard I have tried.... for now, it wasn't enough.


1 comment:

  1. We all have those days, and I don't think we should pretend we don't. But, you are an inspiration to so many of us because we know you won't give up!

    ReplyDelete