Monday, June 18, 2012

Last Day of School 2012

Leave a Comment
As I sat down to write this post out, I remembered that I wrote a nice letter to Ayden at the beginning of this school year.  So it is only fitting to end the school year the same way.

Dear Ayden:

Today was not just your last day of school this year, but your last day of preschool in the Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE) program.  At the beginning of the year I was wondering how you would manage without a nap in the afternoon and with a more demanding classroom experiences.  Now I'm finding myself amazed yet again at how far you've come over this past year.  Putting you on the bus the first day of school was fairly easy, but you still needed the support of holding my hand.  Today, I stood at the door and watched as you turned around and waved good-bye to me and ran yourself down to the bus.  You didn't stop when the sidewalk turned into the paved road, you didn't even hesitate.  I followed behind you and by the time I made it to the bus you had already sat down, backpack off, and ready to be on your way.  I was so happy to see your independence at the beginning of the year, but couldn't have imagined it would be so much more just 9 months later.

This year brought so many changes for you, certainly for the better.  Your social skills and communication have skyrocketed since school started.  You are now eating with silverware and will sit down and color with your brother even!  Such small things in the grand scheme of life, but these are huge steps for you!

Next year is going to bring even more changes for you.  You'll be starting kindergarten at a new school, and going all day!  I can't imagine entire days without you, but know you will once again thrive and continue to amaze me.  The one thing that won't change is how proud of you I am.  

I am just overjoyed at how much you have grown this year, and especially since beginning in the ECSE program.  It certainly is bittersweet leaving behind the amazing team and school you've been with since you were 3 years old, but I am comforted by the fact I know we made the best decision for you and excited to see what the summer will bring!

Always,
Momma


First Day of Preschool -  September 2010

Last Day of School - June 2011

First and Last Day of School - 2011/2012






0 comments:

Post a Comment