Monday, June 13, 2011

A Couple Things

Leave a Comment
Well, the school year is wrapping up this week for Ayden and I can hardly believe it's been a full year.  I think one of the most enjoyable things for me is looking back on how far Ayden has come socially since last year at this time.  It definitely makes me happy we put him in the ECSE classroom. 

One thing I am worried about this coming week is getting the transition to not having school down for him.  I know he'll get it, but I also remember spring break.  So.not.fun.  Most of the week was him whining and fussing and just overall very unhappy.  My plan is to start his "school" here Thursday, so he's not missing a day.  I'm going to try to focus each week on something for him, then we'll play games and work on things that follow that theme for each week.  I'm also going to try to start early-morning walks so we can get some fresh air while it's still cool out and separate our weekdays from weekends a little; however, I am a little worried about rainy mornings so I'll have to be creative and think of an indoor activity for those days.

Finally... we just received word that Ayden's iPad will be shipping this week!  I can't even contain my excitement that we'll soon have this wonderful piece of technology in our hands!!  I already have a good idea on how we will be rotating though apps with him and incorporating it into our days.  I also know he is going to go C-R-A-Z-Y when he see Angry Birds on the "big screen".

Also...as I mentioned the iPad, I want to also give another shout-out to Marissa's Bunny who is responsible for us being able to incorporate this wonderful device into Ayden's therapy.  They are currently hosting ANOTHER special needs iPad giveaway and I urge you to enter if this is something that could benefit your family.  For us, we knew an iPad would be great for therapy and also for an AAC device, but with the cost of the iPad and the $200 software to get it up and running - well - it just wouldn't have happened.  I cannot even begin to express my gratitude and what was done for us and am so happy to be sharing that they are doing this yet again, really before the first round is even completed! 

Please take a few minutes at Marissa's Bunny to see what they are all about, then checkout the post for their second round of special needs iPads

0 comments:

Post a Comment